Saturday 5 April 2014

Collaborating with Coastal Creatives



It was a wind blown road trip with my flatmate and friend to Southbourne early this year that established my contact with Coastal Creatives. My flatmate gave me a small voice of encouragement to talk to the shop owner about my little home thrown wares. And I am so glad I did, Louise Mitchell and Rachael Johns are as lovely as their amazing shop, full of coastal delights. All the items are made by British Artists and beautifully displayed by these two very talented stylists.


I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to sell my little pots in their gallery/shop. It was only in January that I was making my new year wishes, (which never get met) but launching my Etsy shop  Home Thrown Studio was one of them,  I had no idea that actually selling my little vessels in a shop would happen this quickly. It's amazing what can happen by a quick conversation with like minded minds, so if you are thinking of setting up your own little creative venture, do it! I found this quote "A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something" by Frank Capra. I strongly believe in this, I never feel more content then when I am making!


 If your local make sure you make a visit! This week Coastal Creatives have a Pop Up Exhibition on the Theme of Flotsam and Jetsam. I loved the sculptures and images made from an array of seashore bounty! My Dad was very impressed with them all, but especially the Whale.  Louise and Rachael  also find the time to run a fantastic beach wedding styling service!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Thank you Louise & Rachael
Happy Holidays - All we need now is the sunshine!
Gem x


No comments:

Post a Comment