Friday 10 January 2014

Home Thrown




This year I really want to spend more time behind the wheel throwing pots and developing my style. I am hoping to start up a little etsy shop so my ceramic wares can be sold worldwide, it would be so great to know that other people love my pots and are using something I have made to cheer up their daily routine. Last year I focused on my throwing technique and making handles so that throwing pots and cups became effortless. Handles are the trickiest part, but I like the fact that all the pots are different.

Last week my friend Charlotte sent me this video There is a small growing circle of us that have an excited appreciation for all things clay related. This Short film found on thisiscollosal blog here (which is also full of amazing inspiration) is just absolutely spellbinding - I can't wait to have a go! It is a collaboration between animator Jim Le Fevre and Jim Le Fevre  and artists Al Johnstone and Roops from RAMP Ceramics, this whirling clay pot acts like an animated zoetrope when spun at a certain speed. The film was shot by Mike Paterson and Le Fevre discusses the process of building it over on his blog.


 

A few of my projects in the pipeline!





My Sister also introduced me to these cute ceramic ghosties she discovered on Instagram where I stumbled upon this amazing design Studio - Studio Arhoj





 
 
 

(Photograph from Ahoj.com)

I love their style and bright pottery! Oh and their lovely illustrations! Copenhagen designers just seem to have this very playful and fun way of looking at things. One day it would be amazing to be part of a studio like this one!

Other potters I admire are:

Atelier Dalo
 
 


John Maltby



I wish I could list them all but have a look at my ever growing pinterest board for more information. Keep your eye on our blog for more clay related projects and updates.


Have a great weekend!
 
Gem x






No comments:

Post a Comment