Saturday 4 January 2014

Happy 2014 - Dreams and Resolutions



Happy New Year! I can't believe we have already said farewell to 2013 and 2014 is already galloping ahead of us. I am already looking forward to what this year has in store, but at the same time anxious and worried for the unknown, it's always a bit unsettling, but I also love the opportunity of a fresh start. I think I am becoming more of a worrier in my old age, and that is something I want to shake off this year. What I have realised last month is how much I have missed blogging, and have let work take over my mind and time. This year I really want to get back into sharing projects, memories and being proactive in being creative (especially during the winter months). I am always going to be snowed under with work, but if I don't spend time on my own ideas, they will never happen. And perhaps one day one of those small ideas could turn into something big. So I am even more eager to start fencing in just a little more time for all the things I love; Writing, reading, pottery, sewing, cooking but most of all being with my family and friends.

So here is my very simple New Years Resolutions;

1. Go to bed much earlier
2. Wake at 6.00 am and write for 40mins ( I've had an idea for a book for about 8 years now)
3. Say no when I want to (I'm rubbish at this)
4. Not to worry about work too much
5. See more friends and family - Dinner parties, walks, holidays
6. Plan and book adventures and weekends with friends & family (spontaneity in your 30's is rare)
7. Be creative - Blogging, sewing, writing, drawing, taking photos
8. Launch an etsy shop to sell Pottery and Prints
9. Go and see more live plays and dances
10. Only watch TV - for a certain programmes, read instead or watch old films
11. Rest more - Meditation / Time out
12. Keep blogging and being inspired!


 
 
 
 
Wishing you all a healthy & happy 2014
come visit us!
Love Gem x


No comments:

Post a Comment