Friday 31 May 2013

soaking up the May Bank Holiday Sun!


The May Bank holiday started off with a cold and windy Friday evening, my sister came down that evening, and there seemed little chance of the predicted hot weather. But we were welcomed in to a very sunny Saturday morning, so we flew out of bed and jumped into the car for a road trip to Hengistbury head. I had been there before on an RSPB walk in the dusk, and promised myself that the next weekend I had, I would venture to Mudeford Sandbank and have a good nose at the luxury beach huts (I know what I would buy if I won the lottery) from there we took a boat to Christchurch and had a tasty lunch at Cheese & Alfie's, followed by Quinns Quinney at the Thomas Tripp in Lymington. Sunday was spent on the water paddle boarding (attempting to) followed by an all night secret beach party on Shell Bay nick named Shellbaystonbury. It was amazing, but I think I'm getting to old for 'all nighters' it's taken me a week to recover! The sun rise made it all worth it though, as we peddled onto the 6am Ferry, ready for our beds! The rest of my week has been very restful due to the bad weather and having my tooth pulled out, but I'm looking forward to one more busy sunny weekend before my mind is taken over by work!

















I hope you have all been enjoying the sunshine!
Have a great weekend! 

Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment