Thursday 21 February 2013

....wondering on Dartmoor





Dartmoor is a great place, wild and windy and full of surprises. On my last day of my mini holiday in Devon, we decided to go on a stroll over the moors. This little trip took us through some very windy roads and a few hairy turns. I didn't think we would get there until it was dusk, but then we came across the tell tale signs that we had hit the moors; 1) It was looking a bit cloudy and 2) we finally came across a cattle grid.

I should have taken a photo of the map but here is a scribble from memory.




It was a very enjoyable end to the hols, chatting with friends, whistling tunes, jumping streams and getting very muddy. Also learnt about how to work out where North is depending on the direction of the southern easterly winds, in which the tree's would bend to. Also moss will usually grow facing the sun (south) .... every day is a school day. Not sure I would trust myself on these moors though!



Dream house!


snow drops!


We found these little wild piggies snuffling and squealing, they loved the banana skins!

What adventures have you been on lately? 

Gem x


No comments:

Post a Comment