Monday 18 February 2013

..... a farmer and tourist in Devon!

Holidaying with friends is always fun. This week we are resting in the best holiday home I have ever stayed in. It has an aga and a wood burning stove, I might not come home! Yesterday I went to visit my friends family farm aptly named Sunny Hill farm. There is a story behind this visit. Not long ago a little chicken was not laying eggs, but would sit happily for hours in the sun on the doorstep! I suggested that they should call her doorstep! This has given her a sense of identity, so happy she is about this, she is now laying eggs!  


Doorstep



 It's a sheep's life


Sarah and the lovely Toffee



On the way home from Sunny Hill farm happily taking in the view I spotted this little fella over the hedgerow! 



Lovely Llamas! 


Today we took a trip to Covelly a little seaside quay near were we are staying. It was  very sweet I had to resist taking things from the museum, but I am definately going to borrow the colour scheme if I ever have a house! 



It is famous for it's winding little cobbled street 



Love this! 


Green Fireplace - Yes!







 On the beach was this fresh water spring Waterfall! Would be great in the summer


Lots of friendly Cats


At the top we rewarded ourselves with throwing a few pots! In the pottery





Excuse the hat hair! 



I hope you are enjoying these amazing days of spring sunshine! 

Gem x

















No comments:

Post a Comment