Wednesday 2 January 2013

...showing off my Christmas booty!

The new year has only just begun and already I am behind. I should be writing about my intentions and resolutions for 2013, right? Yet I am still really in Christmas mode, oohing and ahhing over my lovely gifts. Indeed, I did very well this year. Some of my favourites include jeans, a very cool T-Shirt and beautiful copper bangle from my sister in law who generously bought these lovelies whilst on holiday in New York. The husband bought me a record player! Yay! So excited about this one; we have been using it every day, and trying to teach the boy that they play 'records' and not 'big CDs'. I was also given some inspiring books on making your home look pretty, and cannot wait to get started on some projects. So yes, I did very well. In fact, we all did. See snaps below!

 The record player. Love, love, love!
 This was a little gift from the boy to his dad (via moi!). I had some photographs printed from my phone and found an old 1950s sandwich tin to present them in. 
 The infamous teepee! I used fabric paint for the boy's hand prints and masking tape to mark out the zigzag along the bottom. I'm really chuffed at how it turned out! We've been spending a lot of time in there, reading stories and playing. So much fun.
I had my eye on this pretty vintage dress for ages, but just couldn't afford/justify buying it. My parents went to the shop and bought it without me knowing. I was gutted when I went back to the shop as I thought someone else had snapped it up! I was delighted to open it, and wore it on Christmas day. 
 Pretty fawn brooch. Thank you Gem! I think I have worn it nearly everyday!
Some lovely inspiration from a lovely friend. I am very excited about this book-so many ideas.

What a lucky bunch we are. Hope you are enjoying 2013 so far!
Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment