Tuesday 8 January 2013

...receiving some pearls of wisdom for 2013


I really enjoyed reading Gem's resolutions for 2013. I am not really in the habit of making resolutions because they never seem to last, but maybe I should take Gem's approach and have another go...
Today, a colleague gave me a lovely bookmark she made as a sort of Happy New Year gift, and it got me thinking about resolutions a bit more. As Gem wrote yesterday, I am going to steer away from empty promises to lose weight and eat healthy (surely this should be done anyway?!), and think more about my goals, trying to make 2013 a year to remember.
So, on the back of the bookmark my colleague gave me, was this quote from David duChemin-

I hope this new year, brings beauty, love, and every truly good thing to you and the ones you love. I hope it brings you and I closer to doing the work we truly long for, and the freedom from last year’s fears, the ones that stopped us from fully hearing the muse, or taking the risks we knew in our hearts we needed to take. I hope it brings you the courage to say no to the things that suck your time and drain your soul. I hope it brings you surprise, wonder, laughter, and the strength to wipe the tears when things get harder than we ever imagine. I hope it brings you the capacity to be kind to yourself and to see yourself through the eyes and hearts of those who love you. And I hope it brings you wider eyes than you’ve ever had; new ways of seeing and experiencing this beautiful, too-short life.

So, I will use my new bookmark and remind myself of these inspirational words everyday. I am also going to have it pinned above my desk, the fridge, taped to my diary, tatooed on my forearm too perhaps?! I dont want to forget it.
Thanks Ed x

Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment