Thursday 3 January 2013

...getting the little one to eat his greens!

I'm not a great cook. Yes, I can follow a recipe (most of the time), and I do enjoy cooking, but I am by no means a natural in the kitchen. The husband is a great cook, and he loves it. It's been lovely to have him at home more over the festive period for many reasons, one being that our dinners have been particularly good.
The boy used to eat everything. In fact, he does eat everything in everyone else's house. He does not eat what I cook him, however. This has led me to believe that I am an even worse cook than I thought! Or is it a control thing, something he only plays up to with me? I don't know. One thing I do know is to try not to stress too much about it. Easier said than done. I worry all the time that he does not eat enough green veggies. There used to be a time when I could chop spinach up really small and sneak it into a tomato pasta sauce, for example. Not any more. He can spot greenery a mile off. It is so frustrating.
So, the husband had the very simple idea of making pizzas with him. He followed what he says is an easy recipe from the Jamie Oliver 'Jamie at Home' cook book. They both loved it! And, yes, clean plates all round. There was also a pizza song. Yes, a song about making pizza. Hilarious! Why did I not think of this before?!


See that? That's spinach! Hurrah!

This is definitely something we will be doing again soon. We are all big fans of pizza in this house.
How do you get your kiddos to eat their greens? Any advice gratefully received! 
Maria x


No comments:

Post a Comment