Monday 17 December 2012

....making Christmas Wreaths and helping nature!


On Saturday after my lovely morning browse around the vintage market with Maria, I headed to compton Acres to help my friend who works for the RSPB make Christmas wreaths. Our aim is to get children thinking about nature whilst doing something fun.




All you need is; some willow to make the circular base, bits of foliage, pine cones (be careful about berries if you have pets or toddlers!) Scissors, twine and ribbon. (maybe gloves if using holly)



  I've never made one before but was quite impressed with my first wreath, after making quite a few we decided that the best method was to start with the thicker foliage first such as the xmas tree trimmings, get the ring quite full and then start adding smaller leaves and pine cones for final decorations.


And Wallah! I must admit it doesn't look like a shop bought one, but I think thats why I like it. I have hung one on our door and have made my mum one which I will give to her on Friday when I head home for xmas, at the moment these chaps are looking after it!


I hope you have a good week, and get some time during the rat race 
to soak up the festivities - It's nearly the holidays!! 

Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment