Wednesday 19 December 2012

...listening to xmas songs!




Sorry for the late post have been to a lovely Christmas concert tonight. There is something magic about watching children sing so serious with so much warmth and hope! Beautiful! This leads me nicely to today's post!  I like to think I have quite good taste in music but when it comes to Christmas songs all taste and style goes out of the window. It's all about what memories the songs recall, most are from my childhood, where it was cool to sing Mistletoe and Wine at the top of your voice, ok maybe not cool but more acceptable. I am glad I was a child of the 80's! Christmas parties in the local old Methodist church in Bristol and College Green skirting around on dusty skiddy floors to Slade and Wham and the greatly anticipated pass the parcel. I remember the long tables laid out with as many hula hoops, coconut fingers, party rings, twiglets you could eat, before more sliding around on the disco floor to some of these great classics!




So here are my top 10 Christmas songs!

1.Do they know it's Christmas time at all - Band Aid
2.Happy Xmas - War is Over (John Lennon)
This song can make me cry if I'm in the mood, especially if it is sung beautifully by a choir
3. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
4. The Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie and Bing Crosby
5. Fairy Tale of New York - The pogues & Kirsty McColl
6.Mistletoe & Wine - (I know AWFUL but it reminds me of Christmas when I was 5)
7.Rockin around the Christmas Tree - Mel & Kim
8.Step into Christmas - Elton John
9.Little Saint Nick - The beach boys
10.In the bleak mid winter - (Always makes me cry!)


Happy Christmas &  Happy singing!

Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment