Monday 3 December 2012

Celebrating my birthday Mad Men style!


So.. tonight is the eve of my 29th year and tomorrow I will be 30!

Saturday was a brilliant night, I really enjoyed getting all glammed up into our 1960's outfits. There was plenty of back combing and hair spray accompanied by lots of laughter and chatter. Old school friends mixed with my friends and chatter and laughter rolled easily through the air. There is something very special about sharing such a momentous time in your life with friends that have known you since you were little, I nearly got a little emotional about it yesterday, but it could have been a come down from the amount of gin and vodka that was consumed. So many memories shared and big life events have happened and are still happening, turning 30 is another reminder that I am an adult even though I pretty much feel like a 22 year old!



It was great to share the evening with close friends and really let our hair down. It's been a pretty tough month at work and everyone is tired but everyone was on top form! And I love them for that. The cocktails rolled in (thanks Tom!) I am smiling now just thinking of the memories;  Girls gossipping and drinking in the hallway (very mad men) hitting Lawrence the Piñata and even some break dancing! (I'm not sure if this is very Mad Men) but it was fun!



I just hope that my Thirties are as much fun as my twenties. I feel very content and happy with the way my life has turned out so far. Ten years ago I  would not have dreamt that I would be living near the sea, doing a job I love, and meeting the most incredible people that I am so chuffed to call my friends. I still feel like there is a lot unknown in my life which is quite exciting.....finding a gorgeous preferably bearded man, buying my own house (so I can go mad with the interior design) ....having my own  children. Hopefully all of these are in my future. But my thirties mantra is going to be to live in the moment. I love this quote;

“‎There comes a time in your life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good. After all life is too short to be anything but happy"     karl marx

The only snaps I took that evening were on my fuji instax (sorry for the low quality) I love polaroids they really go with the feel of the era!  


Piñata Head


Working the Mad Men poses! 


Llama Rob 


Rachel - Looking like she has just walked out of Sterling Cooper!  

Tomorrow will be a much quieter grown up affair at a local curry house, but I am sure it will be just as enjoyable. 

Have a great week! 

Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment