Monday 19 November 2012

...strumming my guitar to Bob Dylan





A couple of years ago my friend gave me her guitar and I have slowly self taught myself the basics. I wish I had the time I had as a child, I am positive I would be a Jimi Hendrix by now! But I'm rusty to say the least. But this weekend I made it my mission to learn the chords for my favourite Bob Dylan song - Don't think twice it's alright.





This is the tab I used!




Both my mum and dad are huge fans of Bob Dylan and I remember them playing it on the record player when we were kids. So it not only reminds me of my teenage years when I was at university but when I was small, living in totterdown skating around the floorboards (in our socks) of the dining room, with my brother and sister. I'm sure his songs talk to a lot of people, all I know is his words make a huge amount of sense to me. This year I read his book; Chronicles,  I was amazed to discover someone with so much talent, also had so much self doubt and anxiety. Maybe this is true of many artists. All I know is that I will continue to collect and listen to his music until I am grey and old!


Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment