Thursday 22 November 2012

...making funny little creatures!

One of my goals is to make more. So last night, after the little one was safely tucked up in bed, I decided to turn the TV off, and my sewing machine on. It felt great!
A while ago Gem introduced me to the amazing creations by Donna Wilson, and I have been longing for so many of her products ever since. Skunkboy Creatures and BlaBla dolls are also hugely inspirational, but sadly all are way beyond my budget! So I decided to try and make my own creature.


I found this daisy fabric a while ago for just £3 in a vintage shop, and bought it knowing that I would use it for something. I decided it would be perfect for my little creature, and I got to work, sketching out my shape. I then cut it out and pinned it to the fabric.


After cutting the pieces out I sewed them together on my machine, and stuffed it with wadding. Then I hand stitched the tail inside the opening and sewed it all closed.


Then I 'embroidered' (sort of) his face.
And here he is! OK, so I have a helluva lot to learn, and the finished product is no way near as beautiful as the likes of BlaBla, Skunkboy or Donna Wilson, but I think my kitty (yes it is a cat), is quite cute! A stocking filler for the boy perhaps?


So there you have it. I am enjoying my little pact to make more. A very satisfying way to spend an evening!
Maria x



No comments:

Post a Comment