Friday 30 November 2012

...falling in love with running again.






I fall in and out of love with running all the time. I am either completely obsessed with it, or I don't even so much as look at my running trainers for months. I have done a few 5 and 10km runs, and even a couple of half marathons. That seems like a looooooong time ago now.
I don't work Fridays (lucky me), and today the husband has taken the day off. So when he decided to take the little guy swimming this morning, I knew that this was it. This was my chance. My chance to get off my ass and get out running again. Without wishing to sound smug, I absolutely loved it.
It helps that we live in trotting distance from the most beautiful beaches in the UK (bias, you may say, but it is true), and you can see from the snaps I took on my phone, it is a pretty stunning place to go for a run.
It was a bright and chilly morning, and there was hardly anyone about. I listened to my favourite running tunes (see playlist below) and even skipped along in places. I ran down to the shore and had a little hunt for some pretty shells to bring back for the boys collector's tray.

I ran over huge piles of sand, and took some snaps of some beach huts all in a row.

Then I stopped pratting around and got back to work, psyching myself up for running the zig zag; a tough challenge. My favourite running tune of all time saw me through. I felt like Rocky when I reached the top.

Then I ran back through 'Fisherman's Walk' and on home for a nice hot shower. And now I am ready to start my day!
Here are the tunes I listened to on today's run-
There She Goes, My Beautiful One-Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (My absolute favourite-you can listen below to this one-a special treat! Turn it up!)




Panther Dash - The Go! Team
I Still Remember - Bloc Party
Victor Jara's Hands - Calexico
Tangled Up In Blue - Bob Dylan
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Bongo Bong - Manu Chao
Kamikaze - PJ Harvey
Pressure Drop - Toots and the Maytals
Jus' a Rascal - Dizzee Rascal

...an eclectic mix! Happy Friday!
Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment