Tuesday 20 November 2012

...eating crab sandwiches in Ventnor

  




(Ok, so this happened a little while ago now-but I still think it is worth a post.)
Back in October I was lucky enough to spend 2 nights away on the Isle of Wight with some girlfriends. It was such a special weekend as since we have moved to Bournemouth, I don't get to see these lovely ladies that much. I miss them terribly.
I got the ferry from Lymington and then drove from Yarmouth across the island to Cowes. We had a typical girly Friday night with plenty of wine, chocolate and cackles of laughter.
On Saturday the ladies woke up early and sat about reading papers and drinking coffee. They didn't wake me because they sensed that I was in need of a lie-in. They were right. I did not surface until 10am! Without wishing to sound like a whingey parent, I honestly cannot remember the last time I slept in for that long. It was blissful. Then we headed off to Ventnor. We listened to Angus Stone all the way.



As you can see from the photos the weather was pretty amazing. We had a little wander down to Steephill Cove and then sat and had the most delicious crab sandwiches at The Crab Shed.

We walked off our meal with a very brisk stroll over the cliff into Ventnor itself. A peek around the local charity shops was a given (these girls know how to humour me). Then back in the car to Cowes. That evening was spent catching up and laughing over a pint of cider (or two, possibly three, followed by fish n chips and prosecco...funtimes).
It doesn't seem to matter how long it has been since I've seen these girls-we just pick up where we left off. A sign of a true and lasting friendship I think.

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment