Wednesday 14 November 2012

... Celebrating Diwali



On sunday, I had a day of paper cutting and animating, creating an animation of a simplified version of the story behind Diwali.  I grew up in the multi cultural town of Totterdown in Bristol. At our non denominational primary school we were all encouraged to celebrate every students cultural and religious celebrations - Diwali was by far my favourite. I love the idea of having many gods that all get on, and have powers and morals that seem wise and true. It is something that I would like to learn more about...perhaps a trip to India is needed (I think so!!)

After going to see the incredible Paper Cinema show of Odysseus, I have been dying for the opportunity to spend a day immersed in scribbling and animating. This amazing creative company are still touring so if you get the chance go and see them... GO!!!!

Bournemouth Pier Theatre - Odysseus - Amazing live animation and Orchestra 


I loved the creative viral marketing that surrounded this event! And to see such a show on a pier above the crashing sea, was such a great experience. My creative mind was in overdrive that evening, and I couldn't stop smiling. It definatly resonated with me. You know when you get that feeling, that you get something, you really get it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment